Monday, October 17, 2016

You Want Me To Wake Up When???

I thought I was learning how to be an early bird when I consistently got up at 5am to go to cross fit at 5:30 in the morning. What sacrifice! What virtue! Ten pats on the back for me!

But now things are about to change. No longer is there a 5:30am class. Now, it's a 5am class.

Which means I have to get up before 5am.

In the darkling hour of 4.

I can't believe I'm doing this. I used to stay up to all hours, reading, playing video games, doing homework, talking, surfing the web, whatever.

And now that I've gotten used to voluntarily going to bed at or around 9pm most nights, I have to completely reassess. The new bedtime is 8:30pm. The new wake up time on crossfit days is 4:40am - I'm hoping 20 minutes will be enough to get me on my way, but I may have to push it back to *gulp* 4:30am.

The good side of this change is that I no longer have to limit myself to going to crossfit on days that I don't have to go to work early. And on days when I don't have to be in early, maybe, just maybe, I take the 6am class instead. Surely there's enough time to shower, eat breakfast, get dressed and ride my bike to work between 7:05 and 8?

No comments:

Post a Comment