Wednesday, November 25, 2020

Holding on in November

I'm going to give myself a gold star for my exercise in the last week. Not because I did particularly well, but because I exercised at all after finding out my mom had died. I could easily have dropped everything, and even forgiven myself the lapse, but I chose to continue Power Abs and got a few CrossFit workouts in. 

Only two runs, but one of them was a longer run at over 4 miles. I did take a break during that run to sit beside the river and have a bit of a cry, but it was still a good long run. 

I only went to one CrossFit class last week, but three so far this week so I'm starting to get back into the five day a week groove that I hope to maintain this winter. 

I have had tummy pain most days this week, which is only to be expected with some added stress in my life. And I did go off the rails a bit on my food consumption. Well, more specifically on drinks, as in I actually had a fair amount of liquor. But not as much as I would have thought I'd consume - it's the exercise, keeping me from going whole hog on the alcohol. I hate being hungover and working out. 

I'm on track to complete Power Abs in November, and I'm planning on a second cycle starting in December. Might continue in January, might not. That feels like too far away to plan things now. It probably isn't, but that's how it feels. 

No comments:

Post a Comment