Wednesday, February 24, 2021

Taking a Break

I've been feeling more and more ill over the last few weeks and months. I decided to give myself a bit of a break from running. I broke the streak partway through week 12. I'm going to start it back up next week, even if I don't make the full 10 miles that week. I don't want to lose too much of what I've gained from my long running streak. 

The streak was good for me. I knew it wasn't going to last "forever" because of the backpacking season, but I was curious, first about if I could finish 10 weeks, and then about how long I might go. I'm satisfied with a solid 110 miles in 11 weeks. I know I can do that now, so now the question is: can I beat that streak? 

Sure, I might not beat it, or even match it, the next time I try. It could be that this was quite the lucky streak for me. Only time will tell. 

I'm eager to find out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment